BN2 generator attachment (stud)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN2 generator attachment (stud)
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:09:43 -0400
I have learned, perhaps the hard way, that the generator bracket (1B 1724) is
attached to the block with four studs with washers and lockwashers. We sheared
a bolt in the forward inner hole, which is into the water jacket, and
hopefully will be able to back it out.

I've found two studs that may be correct. They appear to be BSF on the top
side and BSW into the cast iron. They are almost identical to the manifold
studs that hold the heater pipe clips and stabilizers to the floats; although
the part numbers are different in the original parts list.

Does anyone have a source for thesestuds? I'd like to use the correct
attachment vs bolts. Alternately, am I correct that the studs are BSF on top
and BSW on the bottom? (If so, at least I can use the two I have). They thread
finger tight into the holes fairly well, but the last thing I want to do is
screw up threads in the water jacket.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: