BN2 generator attachment (stud)

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN2 generator attachment (stud)
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:28:54 -0400
Thank you to all who gave input on the generator attachment issue. Sounds
like if you want the vintage stud attachment, you have to make the studs.
All who replied indicated that the original type stud part is not available.
David Joneshas made them with his own tooling eq.

I rooted around the Internet (seems a growing habit since we got back into
Healeys), and found two links offering taps, dies and   fasteners for
various BAS(British Alphabet Soup)  thread conventions. They are

http://www.britishtoolsonline.com/sdm.asp and
http://www.britishtool.com/index.htm

Both sites have a lot of information, and there are tables of bolt sizes to
help sort out mystery nuts at both sites ~
http://www.britishtool.com/brithred.htm (separate tables for each thread
convention) and
http://www.britishtoolsonline.com/catalog_pdfs/nuts_bolts_key.pdf (huge
megatable for engineering types)

They also have helicoil sets for BSF for those who've already run into
problems with mounting holes.

Allen Miller

Check out the new British Cars Forum: