Re: BN2 generator attachment (stud)

To: acmiller@mhcable.com ("Allen C Miller, Jr.")
Subject: Re: BN2 generator attachment (stud)
From: CNAArndt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:58:04 -0400
Allen,

As was suggested by another lister, the studs are not available unless you find
some originals from another engine block, you have them machined $$, or just
use BSF bolts instead, which is what I recommend.

<< Does anyone have a source for these studs? I'd like to use the correct
attachment vs bolts. >>

The studs are BSF both top and bottom.  BTW, the only BSW thread (coarse) on
the 100 engine is also associated with the generator.  This is the bolt that is
threaded into the generator front plate from the adjusting link.  Since BSW and
UNC 5/16" bolts both have the same threads per inch, most of them have been
replaced over the years with hardware store grade UNC or SAE Coarse thread
bolts.

BSW bolts were used through at least 1960 on the generator front plates since
my very original Bugeye still had its original BSW bolt in the generator front
plate/adjusting link.

<< Alternately, am I correct that the studs are BSF on top
and BSW on the bottom? >>

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA