Choke cable nut (was: Grrrrr!!!!)

To: "John Miller" <healeys@n4vu.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Choke cable nut (was: Grrrrr!!!!)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:56:21 -0400
Thank you John,
I kind of had that idea (cutting a slot in a deep socket) floating around in
the back of my mind, but now I'll look to see if that looks feasible. It may
be that the stiff "stem" of the cable is too long, and I'm not sure if a
ratchet will fit back there either.. But I'm going to check.
I hate to think that for a simple task like this that I have to go to a
machine shop and make a special tool ! I thought maybe I could get a grip on
the nut with a small pair of needle-nosed vice grips.... anyone done
this?-Cant understand why this cable doesn't have the nut on the front, like
the switches do! (I know, that would be too easy!).
-Ever notice how ALL 5 minute jobs on these cars take 3 days, minimum?

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA