Re: Choke cable nut (was: Grrrrr!!!!)

To: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
Subject: Re: Choke cable nut (was: Grrrrr!!!!)
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:58:27 -0700
Col

I rebuilt my transmission with guidance from the misfits here..... and
it works !!
Would have never tried this without the suggestions and tricks I learned
here.

For example I cut and pasted this from an earlier reply to a question.
To successfully rebuild a transmission:
First send a case of your favorite ale to (name changed for privacy).
Next remove gearbox.
Send another case of ale (this time not the girly-boy swill but
something manly) to (name changed for privacy).
Next remove gearbox sidecover being careful not to loose the three
springs and detent balls.
Send another case of ale (the same as last time will do)
Well you get the idea.......

So having learned from the best, before you start your next project.
Send a case of your favorite ale to me (I'll provide shipping address
privatly, darn stalkers).
I will instruct you on the next steps once I recieve the package and
test the goods..
You will save so much "doing it yourself" you will be happy knowing your
giving back.

Hic!

Tracy

Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU wrote:

>Due to my success in finding out how to do some of the maintenance on my
>Healey from listers, I decided to see if there is an equivalent for my daily
>ride Detroit iron.  Sure enough!  I found a "Pontiac Bonneville Forum" and
>logged in.  Saw some interesting threads, etc.  THEN all of a sudden a few
>days later my Bonneville starts falling apart all around me and I am faced
>with some interesting problems.  Went to the forum and got great assistance
>and the search engine was great, too.  Saved lots of dollars doing it myself
>from the assistance I received.  For example - all of a sudden the automatic
>climate control system went on the blink.  Forum members told me how to gain
>access to the self diagnostic, figure out what component was "gone" and how
>to fix it.  Ended up removing the entire dash panel etc to get to the part
>to replace it, but ended up spending $45 instead of literally one thousand
>plus for labor.  Replacing the black box took the entire labor day weekend
>in pulling out the instrument panel, dashboard, transmission console,
>dropping the steering column, etc. just to get to the box - and reassembly.
>Prior to the listers I would have been "afraid" to tackle the modern
>computer-driven vehicle.  Anyway, just thought I would share how these lists
>and forums are great for 'new' vehicles, too, not just the old ones!
>Stever

Check out the new British Cars Forum: