Welders (Healey Restoration Tools/Not Healey Specific)

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Welders (Healey Restoration Tools/Not Healey Specific)
From: HealeyBN7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:53:40 EST
While on the subject of tools for Healey restoration - I am considering
getting a welder for the lighter welding jobs needed on the steel body  work.
It's been a few years since I did any welding and that was  with industrial
equipment.  Any recommendations on a good, small,  portable welding unit that
will
run on 115V ?  I notice that Eastwood has a  Hobart MIG unit listed for $500
that will weld up to 1/4 inch.  Is  that pretty much all I will need (plus a
helmet, cart, and a bottle of  gas)?  Thanks.

Dave