Re: Welders (Healey Restoration Tools/Not Healey Specific)

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Welders (Healey Restoration Tools/Not Healey Specific)
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:46:12 -0500
Dave,

I have a Lincoln 100.  It runs on 115 v.  Does pretty much anything you will
encounter on a Healey.  The largest you will find is perhaps welding 1/8
stuff and it will handle that fine.  As someone noted typically one has the
voltage too high and burns a lot of holes.  MIGs are nice machines but you
must develop the right technique especially on light gauge stuff.  I am no
pro but I have learned a few things over the recent years.

My suggested list:
    welder
    helmet (self-darkening are nice but pricey)\
    leather gloves
    2-3 large jaw vice grip style clamps, one of them perhaps small
    tank
    cart
    beer

Keith Pennell