Re: laser level method for doing toe in

To: Rick Neves <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Subject: Re: laser level method for doing toe in
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:14:37 -0600
Rick Neves wrote:

> Yeah many ways to skin this cat, But since so many asked for my method
> I put
> it on my website. http://www.RickNeves.com
>
> Rick Neves
> '56 BN-2

Rick,

I checked your website and read your toe-in proceedure. You can save a
lot of calculation by using the similiar triangles method.

basically:   Side b is to Tire Diameter as side a is to toe-in of the
one tire,  or
toe-in = a x (tire dia / divided by b) times 2

Using the information you gave:
a= 1.3125 inches
b = 48 inches
tire diameter = 25 inches

toe-in = 1.3125 x 25 divided by 48 x 2 = 1.367 inches

You came up with 0.68 inches for one tire which when multiplied by two
would give 1.36 inches.

We both arrive at the same answer however the mathematics used is a lot
simpler and avoids the use of trig.

Cheers,
Alan Schultz
67BJ8