RE: laser level method for doing toe in

To: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Subject: RE: laser level method for doing toe in
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:34:57 -0800
Thanks for your advise on using the laser level to check on toe-in.  I have
always been frustrated using the standard methods even using special
measuring tools to try to measure the front and rear parts of the tires
under the car.  My question for you:  Is there any reason why your laser
method can't be used without the wheels, just fixing the laser to the brake
rotors?  I understand that the math might be different but the absolute
distance between the close and far points of light would show if the tow-in
was 0 or more.  Am I missing something?  My car is still undergoing
restoration but the front end is installed and it seems like I could get a
relative measurement of the toe-in using the brake rotors?
BTW, your web site is great fun and a good resource.  Thanks for that also.
Ron Fine