Re: Oli pressure and Oil viscosity

To: "Rich Holman" <rich_holman@yahoo.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Oli pressure and Oil viscosity
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:24:27 -0600
Rich, 20-50 is better for our engines, newer engines use tighter tolerances,
so the thinner oil is better to flow into those tight spaces and lubricate
everything quickly and thouroughly, on the old healeys and other old cars
with greater tolerances the thicker maintains the oil pressure betteroil and
provides a greater cushion or film between the journals and the bearings.

I think most on the list run 20-50 or some other thick weight of  oil.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1