Re: Engine Colors and Longbridge/Abingdon transition (long)

To: "57 Healey" <57healey@gmail.com>, "Jim Lesher"
Subject: Re: Engine Colors and Longbridge/Abingdon transition (long)
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:23:02 -0500
Patton,
This whole engine colour thing sounds like it may never be totally settled.
In that we have absolute evidence that some of  these 1C engines came with
Morris green, and others with Healey engine green, I would suggest you clean
down your engine very carefully, (not a pressure washer at first) and if the
evidence indicates to you that YOUR engine was Healey engine green, then it
would be pretty safe to repaint it the same.
I would also suggest you take good pictures of the "before, during and
after" the cleaning of the engine, including the serial number plate. That
way you have absolute evidence of the original colour.
BTW, the one on Ebay is obviously not original paint. It isn't even close to
either of the colours in question.
Rich Chrysler