Re: cold air box

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: cold air box
From: "Mark" <mini@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:36:09 -0600
The purpose was to gather air from in front of the car that would be cooler
than the air in the engine bay, most modern cars do this too.  Cold air is
more dense and contains more oxygen therefore when mixed with fuel burns
better.  My opinion is that having air filters on the carbs is more
beneficial than fitting my cold air box.  Most of us are not looking for the
last bit if power and drive ours cars for touring rather than racing.  On
the other hand it does look cool at the car shows, but mine is such a PIA to
install that it's not worth the little bit of extra "wow" at a car show.
There also would be some additional pressure at the carb input which might
make the car run a little lean if it is not tuned with the box, but it is
trial and error unless you can tune up at 60 MPH.

Mark
Nashville
BN 1 Lemans