Re: cold air box

To: Charley Braum <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: cold air box
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:36:22 -0700
Hi Charley,

Note that I said "about" 2%. The "actual oxygen ratio" of air does not
change significantly with temperature so why mention it.  With the
relatively short "trunking" having about 2.6 times as much cross
sectional area as the carbs, pressure drop is not significant either.
Especially if you consider a slight ram effect. Temperature effect on
air at critical flow, is admittedly, by you, irrevelent also.

In any event, the gains can be & are, very significant. Especially since
I stated a very conservative case. The under hood & outside air
temperature differences are likely to be greater than I stated.

Sorry if I do not meet your "standards" for accuracy.

Rick,
Whether you think it is 10% or 20% gain, the "reality" is that it is
still significant. Are you guys just in a bad mood or what? How much
experience have you had with actual measured evaluation? I have measured
actual inlet port temperatures, at the head, compared to acceleration
numbers & found my conclusions to be reasonable.

Dave Russell
BN2