Desperately need advice on painting my BN7 tri-carb

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Desperately need advice on painting my BN7 tri-carb
From: Austin Healey <ah62bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:44:22 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

I have what seems to me to be a pressing and huge
problem. My beloved 62 BN7 tri-carb
(http://www.caymanconferences.com/corvette/62bn7.htm)
is at the paint shop with fenders off, almost ready
for my final decision about color. It was originally
the white exterior/red interior. My problem is that I
don't like the original white color. I hate the red
interior and changed it to a Heritage dark blue
interior, which is beautiful.

So, I can either paint it the original white, a
brighter white that looks good, Healey Blue, or what I
really like, which is dark blue metallic. The frame is
white cream, of course, so anything other than some
shade of white will be obviously "wrong".

Since I'm looking for opinions:

1) is there anything really stupid about painting the
car dark blue, even if the frame and firewall are
white and can't be re-painted without complete
disassembly?

2) Will it hurt the value if it is not an original
Healey color?

3) Most importantly, if I don't paint it the original
white, is there a better looking white that everyone
agrees is the obvious better choice?

Help!!!!!!!I have to make a decision next week.

Thanks very much,

Bob S.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250