Healey Trivia

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Trivia
From: "Ross Maylor" <ross_vm8@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:51:34 -0700
Gents,
I came across an  old British car magazine, The Autocar from Dec 13, 1957.
Now this is before my time so I found it very interesting.
A few tidbits of Healey related items from when they were new;

A B&W photo and description of a new disc wheeled 100 Six with a transparent
hardtop. "It is called the Pexidome, is detachable, and made from acrylic
sheet. The hardtop is priced at 70 pounds....."

"Healey Car Sales,Ltd have acquired larger showrooms at 10, North Audley
Street London..." I'll have to see what's there now on my next trip to
London.
"During the past ten months some 5000 Austin-Healeys have been sold to
Americans alone."

"1957 New Car Prices
Austin Healey 100 Six     817pounds(no tax), 1226pounds(with tax)
Jaguar D type XK SS     2585pounds/3788pounds Export only model"
 In my dreams!!

Used Car Prices
1956 AH 100 BN2 Ice blue, 10000 miles, 775 pounds.
1956 AH BN1, LeMans conversion 785pounds

"Healey 100mph super sports 4-seater, 1947, 329 pounds."
 I've seen Westlands, Elliots, Abbots but not a super sports?

Regards
Ross Maylor
Calgary Canada
'58 BN6