Re: Bra for Healey front end

To: clocks@midcoast.com, besaw55@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bra for Healey front end
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:29:52 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2005 7:58:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
clocks@midcoast.com writes:
Skip. I would be interested too if you find the source. Thanks, JL

James Lea
I got the bra for my 100 from UDO Putske of Putske's Fahrpass lociated, I
believe, in San Diego.  I know that he has them for both four and six cylinder
cars and I have seen them configured both for cars with and without front
bumpers, the latter going right down to the bottom of the shroud.

I had to do a bit of customizing to get the bra to fit close to the body,
esp. along the lower edge where it runs along the front apron.  I wound up
installing two Tenax studs between the lower rim of the grill and the apron
(visually hidden by the pair of Lucas 576's sitting on the apron) and
installing the
corresponding fittings in the bra.

I've had it on for two long roadtrips and undoubtedly the bra has saved
numerous stonechips.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans