Loose Valve Guide

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Loose Valve Guide
From: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:40:07 -0800
I have a 100M head at the machinist right now, but I am picking it up
unfinished.  The machinist says he does not have time to fix it.  One of
the valve guides is loose.  He says the hole for the valve guide is 3
thousands oversize.  His only suggestion was to knurl the guide and
press it in with J&B weld.  Wow.  Don't know if I want to do anything
that drastic yet.  Any suggestions from the list?
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5