Re: Kai M. Radicke

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kai M. Radicke
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:48:52 -0400
Good day everyone!  My Healey folder has been quite interesting reading this
morning :-)

> Anyone know his realtionship to British Miles in PA?

Ex-employee.  My name just stands on their website because I designed it
nearly five years ago.

So I have been a lurker on the Healey list for a long time, having been more
active on the MG and TR lists since the early 90s.  I figure, since everyone
is having a good time speculating about me, that I will provide some direct
answers and information.

First, I am well known for passionately voicing my views when the occasion
arises on the other Team.Net mailing lists.  I realize that this part of my
personality may turn some people off, but an equal number of people (usually
the quiet ones) appreciate my unique views or comments on certian subjects.
Why should I censor my self to quell the voices of a small minority?  I am
not a politician, I am not running for office, so I am not going to
compliment anyone on how beautiful their baby is if I think otherwise.

I am particular about my customer base, I try not to sell to people I
dislike.  Likewise, anyone that determines that they may dislike me, is
welcome not to buy from me.  I have no problems with that, that is the great
thing about choice.  I am certainly not here to argue about anyone's choice
not to buy from me.  Go right ahead and not buy from me if you choose.

That said, I think one would have a hard time finding anyone out of the
thousands of other customers (mostly TR, some MG and a few Healey owners),
that would say a bad word about my customer service.  I am known to go above
and beyond when it comes to my actual customers.  Whether that means
accepting a return for an unused part five years after the sale, fielding
technical calls on my cellphone at night and on holidays (even hours before
Thanksgiving dinner for a more extreme example), or being around at night or
on weekends for customers to pick-up their parts.  You would be hard pressed
to find another parts supplier that would give up a Saturday night, on the
phone for hours, to help a customer replace his clutch.  The first "dirty
hands" task this customer ever attempted.

That is just who I am.  Either you view me as an arrogant, opinionated,
cantankerous person or as a scrupulous perfectionist who will gladly go out
of his way to help or appease.  I prefer the latter, but of course, I know
that my  personality is going to leave a fair number of people thinking I am
the former.  Thats OK though!  The world would be a terrible place if
everyone was humdrum and did not speak freely... Besides, look at all this
free entertainment I have provided everyone for their late Thursday and
Friday morning email readings!

Cheers,

Kai