Re: Works type shifter

To: <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Works type shifter
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 11:27:17 -0700
I have an original, unrestored BT7 which was built in September, 1960, and
has the correct "cranked" shift lever.  I used the profile of its shift
lever as the pattern for the one I made.
>From the top of the shifter (end of the threads), it is 2 3/8" to the center
of the bend radius.  The radius of the bend is approximately the same as
that of the other bend.  The angle of the bend is such that the top end of
the shifter is parallel to the bottom end, i.e. about a 45 degree bend.  The
bend was made by heating the shifter red hot, and letting it cool slowly.
Hope this helps.
John Snyder