Re: Works type shifter

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Works type shifter
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:06:26 -0700
If what you call the Z type shift lever is the one w/ the rear portion bent
up to a more vertical position,  the answer is yes.  Per the Clausager book
and the Anderson/Moment book, the change to the shift lever was at engine #
29D/20598, Aug '60.  It is called the "cranked" lever.  I'm currently
restoring an early BN7 MK2 which is supposed to have this lever, but did
not.  Could not find one.  Had a bunch of the "L" shaped levers.  Using a
micrometer, found the point on the L lever diameter that matched a long
enough portion of another L lever to give the length necessary to heat and
bend in the crank.  Still need to have it chromed, but it looks like it will
turn out good.

John Snyder