Re: Brake Master Cylinder Leaking

To: Bluechipracing <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder Leaking
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:11:34 +0800
Jim / Scot -

You don't want to hone the aluminum bore, because the cylinder bore is
specially treated at the factory to resist wear.  Honing the bore will
remove this hardened treatment and ruin the master cylinder.

Aluminum when it is untreated will wear out quickly... that's why
using rebuild kits on these aluminum master cylinders don't work long
term the majority of the time.  If the hardened surface of the bore is
damaged or worn in any way, your only option is either to resleeve
with a SS liner or buy a new master cylinder.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8