Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...
From: Fiat500f@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:27:01 EDT
Hi,
Working (still) on my friends 100-4.  Trying to adjust the shoes to the
drums.  I have centered the shoes to the drums as best I can, but the car has
not
been driven to really center them.  I notice, with car off the ground and the
wheel off that if I slowly spin the drum, it turns freely at some points in
the
3600 turn, but at other points it binds slightly on the shoes (or a shoe).
Would that mean, most likely, that the drum was cut out of round?  I would
think that if the drum was cut perfectly round in relation to its center, that
the
drum would bind slightly all the way around, wouldn't it?  Checkin' my
thinkin' please.

Sincerely,
Paul Barnes