Re: Healey Sighting (Hearing)

To: "healeyolic" <healey6@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: Healey Sighting (Hearing)
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:26:06 -0500
    OK, I can't help it this ad just keeps coming up and it sticks in my
craw.  I had a Healey exeperience with UPS a couple or three years ago, and
the the fact that they are using Healey in their ad as an example of their
exemplary service just rubs me the wrong way.

I had gotten a BN1 transmission and overdrive off of E-bay.  It was
delivered UPS, when it arrived the casing was cracked, it had not been
described as such and the pictures didn't show it and the seller who seemed
like a decent guy, asssured me that it was not when he shipped it.

It was advertised in working condition so I had planned to use it for parts
or maybe just a straight swap out.  As many of you know, parts for the early
trannies are hard to find.

Anyway damge in shipping was reported to UPS in following with their
procedures, they said they would send someone the next afternoon, I wanted
to be there when they came to show the damage and so I planned to take the
afternoon off.

My wife called me late morning and said someone has come and picked up the
transmission from UPS.  I immediately called UPS service and explained the
situatuation and that even with the damage I needed the thing and they
assured me I would get it back.

A day or two later I called to see what was going on, this was a Thursday or
Friday, and I had taken the next week off to work on the the tranny.  They
then said it was on the way back to the seller, I told them that is not what
I had been told by their representative, but having no record of it (not
sure if I had if it would have made any difference) couldn't prove it,
explained the situation and that I needed the box and that it was unique.

Many angry phone calls to call center folks who can't deviate from the
script given were very frustrating and of no help to me, nor was threatening
legal action or asking to talk to their legal dept.

They were basically unresponive over a series of many calls, and I had a
week off and nor parts to work with.

The tranny ended up at the sellers and he said it was beat all to hell
because they had not bothered to put it back in the shipping box.

To this day I contemplate suing them over this, having paid for something
and having someone take it away from you and not give it back is very
frustrating, as is being lied to and not being able to talk to someone who
can actually do something about the problem.

I will never do any business with this company, obviously they are big
enough that it wouldn't make any difference to them, but nevertheless on
principle they are on my list and will stay there for eternity.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1