Re: Follow up Question -Front Wheel Alignment

To: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>,
Subject: Re: Follow up Question -Front Wheel Alignment
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:42:20 -0400
John,

Having done this just a few days ago I can speak with some certainty.  The
threads of the ball end on the driver's side are L handed and on the
passenger's side are R handed.  Therefore, to spread the front (increase toe
out) rotate the top of the tube toward you as viewed from the front of the
car.

Keep in mind that one rev of that tube will change the toe quite a bit.  The
threads are I believe 16 tpi.  This means that one rotation of the bar there
will move the tire at its perimeter in the front about 1/8 OUTWARD.  This
will move the tire at the back INWARD about 1/8.  Total change in toe then
is around 1/4 inch!!!!!

Keith Pennell