Re: BN1 Overdrive

To: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>,
Subject: Re: BN1 Overdrive
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:33:51 -0400
I'm thinking doo-doo on the valves inside the OD.

If particulates formed while the unit sat for a while they might have worked
themselves up and onto the valve seats. I had this happen after a rebuild. I
opened up the valve areas and used compressed gas and a tiny magnet to clean
away anything that might have gotten in there. After that procedure it
worked, but I never observed anything there of course it can be real small
and cause a big problem.

Of course it could just be the take apart and put back together and its
fixed syndrome.
You can do the top valve without draining the oil. You might try that first
and see what happens. Be careful adjusting the OD solenoid. I played with
that and adjusted it so that it was not clicking all the way in and stepping
down in current. Its supposed to begin its pull under high current and than
once its in, step down via a switch in the back end of the solenoid and then
operate at a much lower current to just hold it in. If the solenoid is not
allowed to pull all the way in and hit that switch it will quickly burn out
running at the higher current. I only mention this because it is an easy
thing to get messin' with when you are trying to get the OD to work and you
just end up causing more problems.

Good luck

Rick Neves _._