Vapor Lock Symptoms?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Vapor Lock Symptoms?
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:19:32 -0500
Hi folks,

My 60 BN7 appears to have one carb acting up or vapor lock or???

It happens after the car gets very warm. The weather has been in the 80's
lately and it never did this before. I thought I found the problem. The
linkage was loose between carbs. I tightened that and all was well until
today when I went for a long hard drive.

What are the signs of vapor lock? The fuel pipe carb to carb feels very hot
to the touch though my temp gauge never goes above 180. Could the heat cause
a problem btween carbs? Would the braided fuel lines help? Should I consider
this a potential problem?

My points look good. I have yet to pull the plugs because it happens
intermitently but I have been told to through away these Champion plugs. I
have new Autolites ready to install.

I have new plug wires and cap.

I suppose a float could be sticking or I may have some dirt in a jet etc.
I'm just wondering why it gets worse as I get warm.

Thanks for any sugeestions.

Cheers,
Scott
Mashed BN7