vapor lock

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: vapor lock
From: Jonathan and Carole Quandt <fourqz@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:02:24 -0700
My 56 bn2 will sputter when the motor is stopped , when hot, and
restarted before the car has had a chance to cool down a little.  I
have done all the usual replacement coil and condenser . perhaps the
fuel pump needs to be moved to a cooler spot or the headers wrapped
with something . The heat shield on a 100 is a joke . If it is heat
causing the problem, with a component or causing , let's call it, vapor
lock  somewhere . What is it? Some comments from those among  you who
have had similar problems and found solutions through either VooDoo or
intellect please reply Thanx, J