SHE"S GOT LEGS>>>

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: SHE"S GOT LEGS>>>
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:55:12 -0700
Finished installation of my Lempert gears today and took the BN1 for a ten
mile run. WOW! I haven9t recalibrated the speedometer yet, but at 3000 RPM
in top and overdrive on I-25 I was running an indicated 60 MPH which gives
about 69.6 MPH by my calculations. At 3 grand I was the fastest thing on the
road at that particular time. Running quietly and comfortably and blowing
off the traffic I still had 1850 RPM before I hit red line.

Starting from rest I anticipated I might need to slip the clutch more, or
give away some acceleration. If so it is not noticeable. I guess the A90
engine has a lot of low end we never really use.

In places where I normally use OD to get the revs down I was cruising
happily in normal. When I engage OD I9m on a magic carpet.

Thanks and Kudos to Mike Lempert.

Bill Lawrence