Re: Trailer Size for Healeys

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer Size for Healeys
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:32:05 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/05 2:18:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
paulbaker51@yahoo.co.uk writes:

I also had to get a trailer for my race 3000 and needed a  trailer that would
fit in a garage.  I bought the Brian James 'Minno'  with mods to take the
extra weight etc and it has what is called a 'tow pole'  - that is a tow hitch
and draw bar that can be swung to vertical to reduce the  length of the trailer
and so with a 14' bed will fit in a 17'  garage.

There must be trailer companies in the US that make similar  products.

This thread finally gave me a thought.  I have a  removable tow bar on my
Bronco II for towing behind my motor home.  Why  couldn't a trailer be made
with
a similar, removable bar, much like Paul has  described.  My Bronco weighs
about the same as a Healey and trailer would  weigh...that way you could fit a
16
foot trailer in a 17 foot garage if  necessary...I think the moving away from
the "Property NAZI's" is also a  reasonable idea...Cheers,
Dave Duffey
59 BT7 project
Paradise, CA

PS Bill, I have not forgotten your last message...just  bee busy.  Can answer
brief  ones...