Re: So Who won the AUHC race at Road America?

To: BlkBT7@aol.com, cd3000@bigpond.net.au, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: So Who won the AUHC race at Road America?
From: MOWOGMAN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 00:23:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/2005 6:40:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
BlkBT7@aol.com writes:

Come  on  guys - the suspense is killing me!

Where's the race report?  Where are  the race results!!?? Someone must know
the  results!!

Did Rob  Rowlands, Peter 'Action' Jackson and the rest  of the Australian
contingent  do well?

I promise I'll buy a  beer for the first person to post the  race results to
the  list...

Can't find the "official" results sheet at this time.  As I recall Peter
Jackson and
possibly Paul Freestone had an  almost photo finish for overall race, with
Peter
Jackson winning  by a nose.
I believe that is correct, Freestone was ahead with a strong performance
most of the race, but in the end it was Jackson who won (I'm told)  (didn't
want
to leave the fun of turn 5 for the finish line!)

There were many classes with the series, don't remember all of  them. Some
that I can
are:
Don McKay 1st place 100-4
Bruce Miles 1st Place 1275 Sprite

Wendy Gibbs & Geoff Leake did  not race due to serious engine failure on
Saturday.

bad knock, piston rings falling apart, suspect poor oiling at top of  rod?
Engine off for rebuild, ready for next race?

List  member Jim Smith from Blue Chip racing placed 2nd in 100-4's as I
recall.

An excellent racing weekend in the winter weather of  Wisconsin.
It wasn't too bad!   52 deg F!, the wind made it feel worse, when  the sun
was out it was great, and at least the rain held off.

I know the list won't get them, but here's a couple of pictures for  you.
By the way, the Aussie cars are gorgeous!   Was that  an aluminum block I saw?

best regards,
John

Bob

Check out  http://www.team.net/posting.html