Re: Disc Wheel Change Over for '65 BJ8

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Disc Wheel Change Over for '65 BJ8
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 22:50:46 -0400
Of 5,673 BJ8s now recorded in the BJ8 Registry, only 29 of them are identified
as leaving the factory with disc wheels, per either copies of BMIHT
certificates or direct data from the BMIHT archives.  Of course, I do not have
the BMIHT information for all 5,673 cars.  A better estimate of the total
would be indicated by what percentage had disc wheels of the ones for which I
do have the BMIHT data.  That would take a bit longer to figure out.  Almost
all of the disc wheel cars for which the registry has a record were home
market, or a few that were Personal Export Delivery and ordered that way by
the first owner.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry