Re: Disc Wheel Change Over for '65 BJ8

To: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Subject: Re: Disc Wheel Change Over for '65 BJ8
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:19:00 +0800
Hi John -

I had a factory disc wheel mount for the front of my BJ8, which I sold
last year... sorry!  Don't know if it is the same as BT7s and BN7s,
but my BJ8 brake disks fit on the thing no problem..

There is a rear drum spacer plate made for old Buicks I believe, which
will allow you to put disc wheels on the rear drums.  The Austin /
disc wheel set up uses the same 5-bolt pattern as 50's era Buicks, so
this should be relatively easy to source.

Why don't you just make it easy on yourself and get Minilite rims?

Good Luck!

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8