Fw:fan blade

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw:fan blade
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:52:41 -0400
When I was 18, I was tuning a Ford Torino I had , loved to hear that 351
with headers and in good tune !  a loud bang and I was disallusioned a bit
but trying to figure out what made the noise. I then realized that half my
face went numb. One of the flex blades broke off hitting me in the head. I
had a nice cut from the bottom of my chin up to my temple.I guess I was real
lucky as the bleeding stopped quickly and I was able to attend my Senior
prom that night! ( made a good story to tell too )
Luckily   no scar  , and to this day I always stand clear of that area
whenever reving an engine.
Carroll Phillips