Re: She's Smoking Badly

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>,
Subject: Re: She's Smoking Badly
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:57:35 -0700
The fact that the compression comes up 40% when you add oil would seem to
indicate that the rings are not seated. You should only see an increase if
the rings are leaking. Either that or...How much oil are you putting in?...

The low compression on #1 indicates that something is wrong in that
cylinder. It should be within about 20 psi of the others.

Off with her head!!!

Bill Lawrence