Re: front license plates

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: front license plates
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 05:57:43 -0700
R. Cobb wrote:

> My approach is to reduce the potential of providing an officer with a
> reason to make a traffic stop or issue a traffic citation.
>
> What experiences have you had, with law enforcement agencies, when a
> "required" front plate isn't used?

California requires both plates.  I've been driving Healeys here since
1972, none of which have ever sported a front plate.  Yes, I've been
stopped for speeding more than once   :-(   but the lack of the plate
was never mentioned.  I have friends who carry it in the boot but don't
know if they ever needed to show or put it on.

To be absolutely safe, sure install it.  Perhaps I've just been lucky
from that aspect.

Bill Barnett
So. Cal.
'53 BN1 with '53 YOM plate on rear and nothing up front