Re: front license plates

To: "R. Cobb" <rcobb@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front license plates
From: "Neil Trelenberg" <neilberg@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:07:58 -0700
   Robert, here in B.C. Canada front plates are required as well but my
Healey has never had one nor has my Suburban or Volkswagen Golf. I have been
through seat belt checks, road blocks and pointed at for speeding and yelled
at to slow down. Nothing has ever been mentioned about a front plate. On
that last occasion I came speeding around a corner and found myself face to
face with an officer holding a radar gun. She yelled at me, pointed and
motioned her hands down and I threw my hands up as in you got me and off I
went. My wife also went through a red light (in her Golf a couple years
back) because of sun glare (that was her answer anyway) and was stopped and
asked if she knew why she was being stopped....she said because of no front
plate (silly girl) and he said no that didn't matter it was because she ran
a red light which he sighted her for. I know of many people who have been
ticketed (mostly younger people) for hot rodding. Perhaps they just leave us
older farts alone or feel sorry for us going through a change of life (ok
me), who knows. Interestingly enough while crossing the border to the states
I was asked numerous times why I did not have a front plate, he knew his
stuff because he said I didn't live in Alberta (where they were not
required) and that I better get it put back on soon. So what does all this
mean....got me but I keep my fingers crossed....plateless, Neil