Front license plates

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front license plates
From: "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:59:21 -0400
I happen to be very lucky.

When living In New Jersey for many years, front and rear plates were required
and checked for visibility and readability at inspection time. When living in
Ohio for a few years, front and rear plates were required but never checked.

Now I live in Kentucy and both plates are required. However, I now have
antique plates (only 1 required) on the rear. On the front, I have mounted a
UK plate. The UK plate represents the University of Kentucky, a hotbed for
college basketball. Those of you who follow college basketball know that
Kentucky has not won the national title in a few years. Even so, I will never
be stopped in the state of Kentucky for the lack of a front plate. A cop
wouldn't dare give a ticket for displaying a UK plate. In other states I
travel to, IE North Carolina, I tell people the plate stands for United
Kingdom. Then we get into a basketball discussion.

I have no plate problems.

Fred