re: Hundred Rear Bumper

To: "Michael Williams" <mewilliams@comcast.net>
Subject: re: Hundred Rear Bumper
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:55:07 -0700
Last year I ordered a front apron from Jorge Cervera in San Diego as it was
made in a thicker gage than the usual reproductions. BTW, Jorge is the guy
selling fuel tanks on ebay which I hear are a good product/good price but not
100% correct (the sides are not the same as the originals). Anyway, I asked
Jorge if he makes Healey bumpers and he said he used to and still has the dies.
He claims that his are of the same gage as original, are the correct shapes
front and rear, has both Hundred and 3000 bumpers (and overriders) and the
chrome is show quality. Why did you stop making them? (paraphased) "Well, they
cost more to make than the cheap repros and the Healey owners didn't want to
spend the money (back then)" I assured him that there was a good market for
quality bumpers and encouraged him to break out the dies, get back to me with a
cost, make a sample set and perhaps we could get a group buy together. He said
he would but I haven't heard back from him (he did say that he was very busy
making Jaguar parts). I don't have a pressing need to keep after him because I
had my originals rechromed but perhaps listers in need should give Jorge a
call. 562 867-0576

Cheers,
John