Re: Hundred Rear Bumper

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hundred Rear Bumper
From: "Just Brits" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:00:08 -0500
Rich, etal:

<<Why can't the repro manufacturer do it right?????>>

Easy.

Don't want to re-invest.

Try to keep in mind (as you WELL know<G>), the bumpers AND O/Rs are 3rd or
4th (maybe more) generation "mold" copies.  Add the fact of CHEAP (read
non-correct gauge) metal and second only to Chevelle/El Camino (personnel
experience!!) chroming..........................!!

Next question<G>!!

Doesn't mean they CANNOT, jst that (sic) it is not "cost effective"!!

BULL!!

For either "family" I would pay MORE for a CORRECT product than for a
POS!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny this should come up today (again).

My "new" Camino got rear ended whilst sitting still in a parking lot.
$1200.00 damage to tailgate and BUMPER (original).

Guy admitted he was WRONG, hi9s Ins. Co. ADMITS "fault";  BUT they do NOT
want to have MY ORG. bumper straightened and re-chromed (imagine<G>)!  So
they are "allowing $194 & change for the POC "repro".

Guess 1st prob.!?!?!?

Org OUT weighs this "wonderful perfect replacement" almost perfectly 2 to 1
!!!

Guess 2nd prob!?!?!?

ME!!!  UNwilling to accept from HIS Ins. Co.  His "manager" says all would
be well and that repro bumper has "life-time warrenty" (which I can find
NOwhere in manufacturer's words<G>).

Guess NON 3rd prob!?!?!?

MY Co. say "Just get it done!!!"  WE will go after other Co. and insured!!
NOT your prob.

Now the "twist"???

His Co. IS (rec'd today) a check for my deductable!!!  MY Co. says OK to
cash!!!!

Long story, but proves the point.  If we, as a "community" are willing to
accept crap, dats what ww will ALWAYS get<VBF>!!!

Ed