Re: Joining of AH Clubs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Joining of AH Clubs
From: Alan F Cross <alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:21:42 +0100
Hello Listers

We were perhaps so mesmerised by the situation, and suffering such a
sense of "deja vu", that we were unable to speak! So I'll stick my head
above the parapet ...

Here we have a "Plan 2005", announced in 2004, which was/is intended to
optimise what we offer to our members. Our history is that we a a
collection of 'local' Big Healey and Sprite clubs, who now 'use'
national to provide an umbrella club and a magazine (oh, and the
national web site that I provide). Local autonomy is very highly prized.
I think all Centres agree in principle with a stronger national body, to
provide a better service to members, but don't agree in practice. The
Plan is admitted, by those trying to implement it, to be progressing
'painfully slowly'.

As a consequence of our structure, with our seven regional Centres, plus
one for racing called 'Healey Driver International', and our national
body (a Limited Company), we have nine chairmen, nine Secretaries, nine
Membership Secretaries, nine Treasurers, nine Committee Meeting
Calendars, nine sets of accounts, and nine Annual General Meetings.
These between them serve just 1,800 members. National has little money.
The Centres have largely undeclared funds. The Centres take the
membership subscriptions and pass on a percentage to national for the
magazine.

Like the arguments over fuel/gas prices ... "so you think YOU'VE got
troubles!!"

Regards

In message <43022BA3.5080907@pacbell.net>, bn1@pacbell.net writes

--
Alan F Cross (BJ8 "Ginny") AHC member TV1729J
Heathfield Studios - http://www.heathfield-studios.co.uk - web designers for the