Re: joining of AH Clubs

To: glemon@neb.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: joining of AH Clubs
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:16:57 EDT
Our local British Sports Car Club just purchased insurance similar to the
coverage AHCA offers. Cost was about $1300 to cover a club with 80 members. It
was a very divisive issue among the club members with some members actually
quitting the club because they were so opposed to the expenditure. They claimed
it
took the fun out of the club and insurance made the club  too complicated and
was too expensive. Problem was no one wanted to be an officer or organizer of
an event without liability protection so the club was doomed for failure
without coverage.

Jim Werner

In a message dated 8/21/05 1:07:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,