RE: Joining of AH Clubs

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Joining of AH Clubs
From: "Ed Townley" <healeymonster@fastwave.biz>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:33:09 -0600
            As a digest subscriber and mostly lurker, I must say I have
learned many valuable lessons and can honestly say the experts on this list
have greatly contributed to my knowledge of the Marque.  When this thread
drug on for a couple of days, it struck a chord, and I am compelled to add
my $.02.

            As a past president of a local Military Historical foundation,
Chairman of the Board for a Federal Credit Union, and long-time volunteer
Board member and elected official for the local Brit car club, much of this
discussion about consolidating national organizations is not only familiar
in a dij` vu sense, it is what I call What YOU oughtta input.        Seems
we humans all have great ideas and excellent solutions to most real or
perceived problems, and are not shy about suggesting those great ideas to
the decision makers. We can then grouse about the cliques or egos or
politics when our great ideas are not implemented.

            Speaking as a long-term volunteer, such criticism sometimes
hurts when you are out there spending untold hours in meetings, spending
your own funds for expenses, etc.  Our Volunteer, Elected Officials of all
National and Local Austin-Healey Organizations deserve a BIG Thank You for
their effort and willingness to Serve.  Our input and ideas are appreciated,
but we shouldnt be so quick to criticize when the Powers that be dont
Jump to implement them.  They are the ones doing the work, so if we have a
better idea, or want to push for a particular agenda, WE need to put our
money where our mouth is, and Volunteer!

            If any of us really want to push for consolidation or joining of
AH clubs, I might suggest they develop a concept plan for how to accomplish
consolidation, market it to the elected leadership of affected clubs, and
VOLUNTEER to do all the leg work, to be liaison and be available to work out
the details.  Otherwise, we are just spittin over the tailgate of the
truck.

            End of rant-Sorry

Ed In So. NM, USA

64 BJ8 (Healeymonster)