2004 President's Award AH of USA

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2004 President's Award AH of USA
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:11:19 +1000
To those of us that are club members you already know we have a genuine
enthusiast amongst us -- strange there was no comment. For those who
have not joined either club,may you rest in peace, you may not have been
aware that Michael had received such a high award in recognition of his
use  and shared knowledge of his Healey.
[ Who knows what else you are missing.] Me I am a member of several and
have made many good friends in the pursuit of Healey knowledge. I enjoy
receiving the articles and photos from the various clubs around the
world and would not like to see a centralised magazine for all. Most of
all I am thankfull for all events prepared by the comittees.My view
about the 'egos' is they are the ones making it happen. Want better,then
get elected.

BUT its blokes like Michael Oritt who make any clubs committee think the
effort is all worth it when like Michael members support the clubs
activities and give freely of their time to  attend events.This makes
the work of a few seem worth it when a bloke and his Healey turn out so
regularly. He has doubled his input by selecting a wise woman who also
has a Healey.
Owners who get so much fun from attending events in their cars are the
heart of the movement.In Australia we have a trophy awarded each year
for outstanding support of their own club and attendance at National
events. Its called the Alan Jones Trophy after the late 100.S owner who
travelled the length and breadth of U.S. & Canada in the early 70's
making contact with many Healey owners and club members.They also
visited UK. Alan was accompanied by non-other than Patrick Quinn whom
you all know. Now you know where the 100.S models went.

So Michael you would be welcome down here in Australia with your award
anytime and I will gladly arrange a Guest Speaker spot at each of the
Aust. clubs located in Sydney,Melbourne,Adelaide,Brisbane and Perth.

CONGRATULATIONS

Joe