Re: 2004 President's Award AH of USA

To: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2004 President's Award AH of USA
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:36:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/2005 9:13:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au writes:
So Michael you would be welcome down here in Australia with your award
anytime and I will gladly arrange a Guest Speaker spot at each of the
Aust. clubs located in Sydney,Melbourne,Adelaide,Brisbane and Perth.
Joe--

Well I was hoping to see one more paragraph saying that my Round-trip First
Class ticket was on the way, but alas it looks like I will have to get there
under my own steam!

Mary and I were fortunate enough to be able to host at our place several of
your countrymen who participated in the Australian-US Healey Challenge this
past June and we had a ball with them.  I don't know whether you folks get any
of
the various club newsletters but you may enjoy reading the June issue of our
(Capital Area Austin-Healey Club) chapter's "Healey High Roads"
(http://www.capitalhealeys.org/HealeyHighRoads0605pdf.pdf) in which the details
are set
forth complete with pictures, etc.  Perhaps you'll recognize a few faces and
please pass this along to your mates.  Your embassy people threw a real
shingdig
and I'm sure you 'll be glad to know that many of your tax dollars were
consumed
and enjoyed by all.

In any case we received many wonderful invites to visit your country and once
I am assured that the frighteningly large spiders that seem to be everywhere
have been disposed of I will be right down. Leave a light on and thanks for
the kind words.

Best--Michael