Re: heater fan sucks

To: Warthodson@aol.com, glemon@neb.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heater fan sucks
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:38:30 EDT
Having just rebuilt one of these unless the fan is installed on the mounting
bracket backwards (hard to do because of lack of room) having the hoses on the
wrong opening is pretty tough.  Also when you split the housing to replace a
fan (in this case with a new motor) there is only one way for it to go back
into the housing.  At least that I could see.  Which brings me to either the
leads are reversed and the fan is running backward or even though hard to do,
the
entire motor is installed wrong on the mount.  I just don't see any other way
for air to be blowing out at the radiator end.  Have you check to see if air
is being sucked in from the outlet inside the car?  Personal experience says
it is much easier to test it by reversing the contacts than by tearing
everything apart.  Besides, there should only be two wires from the heater
motor and
one of those is for ground.  At least as I remember it.  Part-timers disease
and all that.  Ha ha

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO