Re: 45 to55 shake

To: BEAU2EVE@aol.com
Subject: Re: 45 to55 shake
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:26:06 +0800
Beau -

In my years on this list, almost everyone gets this wrong....

Freeway-speed scuttle shake on a healey is almost always caused by worn
front shock absorbers. When your front shock absorbers are bad, the front
wheels will bounce up and down on the freeway when they are rotating near
the natural harmonic frequency of a slightly imbalanced wheel. Balancing
helps, but the only thing that will get rid of the bouncing (& shaking) is
to make sure you have a new set of front shocks on your car. Thank goodness
this is a relatively easy and cheap repair!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8