Re: 100-6 on ebay

To: ewsinc@suscom.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 100-6 on ebay
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:18:01 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/2005 11:48:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ewsinc@suscom.net writes:
Why do you guys suppose that it has not gotten any bids?  Is it because
the starting bid is so high and everyone is afraid to jump in thinking
that they would be stuck with it?  Or does the private listing make
people think it is a scam?  Or is it because it is a 100-6, even though
it's a two seater?
Charlie--

I don't understand what "Private Listing" means anyway, but it does make one
wonder.  I know for a fact that this car exists and is real--one of our
Capital Area members lives just down the block from the guy and went on a ride
with
him.

I think the lack of bids is probably because it is PERCEIVED as a high price
for a 100-6.  Most folks coming into the Healey fold want a BJ8 or a 100.  The
BN4's/6's still seem to be "orphans" though there are more and more of them
that are getting top-notch resto's (like this one) and that will undoubtedly
change.  FWIW I think this car bears looking at--an Eshelman on Jule frame
could
only be a good thing.

Best--Michael