Re: 100-6 on ebay

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 100-6 on ebay
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:34:06 -0500
As many have noted, the starting price is pretty high, looks like it is a
good car, and arguably worth it (arguably because I haven't actually seen it
and also because there are many opinions about market value of Healeys)

However, I have listed hundreds of items and watched thousands on E-bay.
E-bay loves a low starting price, I have listed many things that have gotten
no bids, relisted them for less than half the orginal unsuccessful starting
price, and then had them sell the second time around for much more than the
original price that got no takers.

Psychological theory I guess is 1. People love a bargain so they bid on the
way below market price, won't even start to bid if it is not seen as a deal
(why buy retail at auction? you can go to a dealer for that).  2. Once they
are in the begin to feel the thrill of the hunt and don't want to lose, or
they begin to feel the item is theirs and they will bid what they need to
keep it that way.  3.  The low starting price draws more people to look in
the first place.

Regards,

Greg Lemon
54 BN1