RE: Hardtop parts / CHEAP SHOT

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hardtop parts / CHEAP SHOT
From: healeyolic <healey6@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:28:24 -0400
And, I'll jump in. The original request as I remember it was that the
requestor had a problem sourcing a proper J bolt. He broadcast a request.
The Nocks have it, they answered in the affirmative, case closed. A question
was asked and it was answered. Frankly, I welcomed the response as I now
know where to go for this part should I ever need it.

Now, is that not the purpose of this list???? Ask questions - get responses.
Perhaps the response could have gone direct bypassing the list. Perhaps we
then would never know that such parts exist should there be a need. Perhaps
we all should do as I learned a long time ago. Compose "blind shots" put
them into the "drafts" folder and wait a day or two then, if it is deemed
proper, hit the send button. I have not taken my advice with this post.

I have never called the Nocks without having the utmost of courtesy extended
even when my question was so elementary that I later regretted asking it
thinking that I just wasted the time of one of our gurus. I can also say
this of other vendors who used to contribute to this list but, recently, I
note that they are silent. And, I use the term "vendor" incorrectly for
Norman Nock because he is certainly one of the more valuable resources to
our hobby (life). Just read his background.

Last August, I saved every post to this list that I received. I catalogued
them by subject and sender. I don't have a life. What surprised me was the
number of posts that, absent Friday Funnies, were full of invective about
something or the other. Also, the number of contributors to this list has
dwindled markedly from the last audit I did last year. Are we chasing people
away through invective and inanities?

While I am at it, I get really upset with the term "M***" Let's grow up. It
is very childish to put it bluntly. Their name is Moss Motors and trying to
disguise it is sophmoric . If you don't have the courage to give their name
correctly, then don't bother to submit your post. Yes, they have blemishes
and warts and all. However, they recently went out of their way to handle a
problem that I had with a brake hose created by the DPO and Healey Surgeons
did a masterful job in finding a rare part for me. I certainly want to keep
them as friends along with the Nocks.

PS. My Healey Web site URL is on the end of this post. Please do not be
offended by the blatant advertising of my site.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com