Re: Brake Light Sensor Switch

To: TimWardUK@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake Light Sensor Switch
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:09:49 -0600
Tim,

I had this problem with my BJ8 and after considering that the vast
majority of vehicles on the road are bigger, heavier and sometimes
driven by folks chatting on their cell phones exhibiting their feelings
of invunerability, I decided to take what I feel is a safer stop light
warning system. I installed a mechanical contact switch wired in
parallel with the pressure activated switch. Also, because the brake
lights are mounted real low on the car, I mounted a third brake light to
the trunk mounted luggage  rack. Some might consider it tacky but I
consider essential to my survival!!

Alan Schultz
67 HBJ8
Watertown, Wisconsin